Let's Talk!

Let's Talk!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Smartphone Mania!


I have to admit that I'm one of those people who is addicted to texting. I text more than I talk on the phone. And my cell phone is my only line of communication now. It seems like more and more, people are getting rid of their land line phones and relying totally on their cell phones... And why not? Nowadays cell phones have morphed into smartphones. What exactly is a smartphone? Well, it's like a cell phone on steroids. Smartphones offer all the capabilities of cell phones, plus so much more. Smartphones have PC-like functions that make them irreplaceable for their owners. They're like mini-computers with the capabilities of a cell phone. And the applications that can be added to smartphones are endless! Apps are offered for everything from analyzing and identifying a song to splitting up a check and calculating a tip for a bill. Ford is getting in on the action too. The website http://www.wired.com/ recently posted an article about Ford's plan to introduce AppLink, a software upgrade for Sync that allows drivers to use voice commands to access smartphone apps. I'm sure this will be safer than manually accessing apps on the phone, but I'm not completely convinced this is a good thing. I think drivers should concentrate on driving... But that's just me! It seems that cell phones, and smartphones in particular are here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment