Let's Talk!

Let's Talk!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Forums are "Full" of Information

When I was growing up, one of my favorite TV shows was Full House. I loved it! And I still love watching reruns of the show now. So what does my favorite 90's TV show have to do with our topic of discussion this week: forums? Well, there's a Full House forum that keeps you up to date on what the stars are doing now, how to purchase full seasons on DVD and even games you can play testing how much you really know. Actually there are forums for almost any TV show you could imagine...a few of my other favorites include The Golden Girls and Designing Women. Before I began doing research for this blog post, the only experience I'd had with forums was discussion boards that were required for classes in which the teacher generated discussion topics and we were required to post our thoughts and ideas about the topic. So I guess I was thinking that all forums were like that. I had no idea that forums covered so many topics. I you have an interest (in almost anything), there's probably a forum out there for you.

I like the fact that forums give you a chance for discussion. With most technology, I don't feel like I'm interacting with other people, but forums are different. They offer you a place to express your opinion, but also a place to talk with others about their opinions. I also like that each forum has it's own set of rules. If you read the rules beforehand, then you know what is acceptable to post and what isn't acceptable. That's helpful if you're new to the forum.
Overall, I like the idea of forums and I wouldn't mind re-discovering my old favorite TV shows!

2 comments:

  1. Kate,

    I am in love with your post because I absolutely love Full House! I grew up watching it and am so pleased to be reunited! I too have just recently discovered different uses of forums. Great job with the post. I always love reading your writing!

    xoxo, Nikki May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    Thank you so much for your comment! I also loved Full House when I was younger. I've read several of your posts and I think it's great that you're able to incorporate your own Southern Charm into everything that we're studying in class! Thanks again,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete